Tuesday, February 14, 2012

For the Love of Food

I feel energized.
I feel excited.
I feel motivated.
I feel cared for.
I feel accomplished.
I feel alive.
I feel like I matter.
I feel confident.
I feel unstoppable.

This is after a good workout.  My focus is to remember these feelings to keep me going back.

I eat what I want.
I love what I eat.
I can have chocolate.
I can have fruit.
I can have bread.
I can have cheese.
I love these foods and I get to enjoy them whenever I want.
It's up to me to choose what's good for me at any given moment.
I am in control of how much I eat.

It's all this simple.

For years I was like a dog on a leash, fighting to get off and run.  If I was let loose I would take off running, but ya know, after a time I come back to where I am supposed to be and hang out, maybe run some circles now and then.  The leash is a belief system about "should and shouldn'ts" with food.  Freedom is being off the leash, and knowing I can trust myself to be right where I am supposed to be.  My inner genius wants me healthy.  My brain and my heart agree that feeling good is a desired state.

I can love food and love myself at the same time.  No drama, just joy and care.  It's that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment